- Guest Presenter – Josh Fishburn
- NJSM Study Time Signup Sheet
- Vision Documents due next week!
- Emily Croll will sit in on Vision Document presentations
- Curator’s Facts
- Civil War Flag Facts
- NJSM Map
Let’s go around the room and review your Vision Documents.
Games & Gamification
What is Gamification?
- Basic Gamification – Content Gamification vs. Structural Gamification
- Extrinsic vs. Intrinsic Motivation
- NJSM Pretty Big Things Scavenger Hunt
- The NJSM Scramble Scavenger Hunt
- Princeton University Art Museum Self Guided Family Activities
- The Academy of Natural Sciences at Drexel ANS Explore! App
- Helen’s Treasures
- Edventure Builder
Rock Paper Scissors – what are the game elements in Rock-Paper-Scissors?
- Space: ?
- Components: ?
- Mechanics: ?
- Rules: ?
(Which type of motivation do they leverage? Intrinsic or extrinsic?)
- Progress Bars
- Leader Boards
Let’s earn our first OpenBadges:
- Head over to OpenBadges to set up your backpack
- Now work through the OpenBadges Quickstart example
- Now take a look at some of the other organizations using OpenBadges
- Consider the NJSM map linked to above
- On paper, come up with a structural gamification badging system that would motivate school kids to visit all the exhibition spaces over the course of a semester. Think about how you could use badges, levels and progress bars to motivate them.
Let’s build a progress bar using Bootstrap, JQuery & HTML5 Local Storage:
- Refine your Vision Document based on today’s discussion
- Come prepared to present your Vision Document in class next week
NJSM Study Time Signup
- Head over to the signup doodle and sign up for one two hour block