Paper Status Reports
Let’s take a few minutes to review the status of your papers.
Let’s take a few minutes to review your Design Notebooks:
- Based on the best uses of User Personas + User Stories vs Jobs, which approach do you feel is more appropriate for your team?
Project Status Reports
Organize into your teams and let’s take a few minutes to talk about your projects’ status.
Questions for Partners
What questions did you prepare for your partners?
Did you make contact with your partner organization?
User Personas + User Stories vs Jobs
Which techniques did your team decide makes more sense for your situation?
How many were you able to create?
Diagrams & Content Maps
Why use diagrams?
What kinds of things should you diagram?
- user flows – visualize the sequence of steps a user needs to take to complete a task or achieve a goal (NBC Election Confessions)
- content maps – map what content you need against user & partner goals
- site flows – visualize the links between screens that represent how content is presented
- site maps vs site flows
Break up into your teams and:
- Based on one of your user stories/jobs from last week, create the list of steps a user needs to take to complete their goal. Do this for three of your user stories/jobs.
- Based on your research and the answers your partner organization gave in response to your list of questions, make a list of your partner organization’s goals.
- Using one of the tools listed above, create a user flow for one of the lists of steps created in the exercise above.
- Make a list of the content elements you’ll need to write, photograph, laser cut, etc to fulfill each of the steps in this user flow.
- Make a list of the content elements you’ll need to create in order to fulfill the goals of your partner organization.
- Create a content map based on this article, making sure to map each content element you listed in steps 2 & 3.
Continue working on your midterm papers.
Meet with your team and complete the following:
- For each of your user stories and/or jobs diagram a complete user flow.
- Based on your partner’s business goals and the user flows you diagramed, make a list of all content elements you’ll need to create, and diagram your content map.
- Create a new slide in your Design Notebooks and title it “Diagrams & Content Maps”
- Write a brief paragraph reflecting on the exercises you performed with your team this week. What went well? What could be improved?
- Include a link to the user flows & content maps you and your team created this week.
*Submit the link to your Design Notebook to Canvas before we meet again next week