- 5 Reasons Agriculture is Among Hottest Growing Industries
- Next Week: User testing with Prof. Ault’s IMM 280 section
Let’s take a few minutes to review the team Project Implementation Documentation you developed over last week.
Project Design Guidelines
Visual & Graphic Identities
- Review your project concept document and create a word map that represents the qualities your project needs to project to be successful
- Cycle through each word in your list, executing Google image searches on each word
- Select three images that best represent each word
- Assemble all your images onto a single Google Document
- Do the images collectively represent the mood and spirit of your project?
- If yes, use a palette generator like Adobe Color CC to generate a palette that best represents your project visually
- What about a font?
System Persona Guidelines
Developing a bot, SMS or IVR system? What voice attributes best represent your project? Male or female voice? Younger or older? Fun or serious?
- Review the mood board you created in the previous exercise
- What voice attributes can you identify to can use in copy for your project (for posters, sms messages, or other text)?
- Make a list of these attributes
Team Project Design Guidelines Documentation
- With your team, review the word list, graphics, fonts and writing voice attributes you identified during the graphics and voice identity exercises you did in class
- Repeat any of the steps from either exercise if you’re not completely satisfied with your project’s graphic and voice identity
- Create a new Google Drive and write up a Design Document that reflects the identity guidelines you’ve identified
- Include sections for mood, palette, type treatment, logo usage, and text voice attributes
- Update your team page on the blog and link your new identity guidelines under your “Project Documentation” heading
- Individually, create a new slide in your Design Notebooks and title it “Design Guidelines”
- Write a brief paragraph summarizing your team’s Design Identity
- Be sure to include a link to your team’s Design Guideline Google Document
*Submit the link to your Design Notebook to Canvas before we meet again next week