- 4 weeks left before final presentations
Let’s take a few minutes to review some of your design notebooks.
Documenting Your Prototypes
Why document your projects?
- allows anyone new to the project to quickly get up to speed on how things work
- allows you to refer back to how things work
- allows you to refer to why you made certain decisions
What should include in your documentation?
- a description of the problem your project is addressing
- a description of how things work
- specific “how to” tutorials on how to install & set up the system, update content etc.
- anything else?
- source code
Organize into your teams and create an outline to document your project
- What should it contain?
- In what format should it be?
Create a list of steps the system administrator would need to follow to:
- install the system OR
- update the content
- Meet up with your team and continue to refine your prototypes
- Continue to refine your documentation by providing screenshots or other support visuals to document how to install, configure, and/or update content for your system.
- Create a new slide in your Design Notebooks and title it “Progress for” and today’s date
- Write a brief paragraph listing the progress your team has made this week on your prototype & its documentation
- Write another brief paragraph describing your contribution to that progress
Submitting Your Work
This week’s homework assignment is due next week before class. When you’ve completed them, post a comment on this page (Project Documentation), including a link to your Design Notebook.