Culture of Health
“…Our goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle for children through interactive games and exercises, while providing an application to educate parents on health conscious choices, recipes, and information…”
Click for more information on our Project Concept
An iterative development, that is constantly updated. This is an overview of our project specifications and includes the following information:
- Project Overview
- User Personas
- Flowcharts and Diagrams
- A two-fold approach in order to help promote healthy lifestyle choices for children and parents within the community of Trenton.
- Developing two projects, the first of which, will be utilizing Amazon Echo’s skills kit, as well as Pandorabots, in order to help communicate healthy food choices and exercise options to children in a fun, interactive and comprehensible manner.
- Our second project will consist of an informational app oriented towards parents that will communicate healthy lifestyle choices, including proper diet, nutrition, exercise, and mindfulness.
- The content incorporated in both of our projects will deal with healthy food alternatives, forms of exercise, and balanced daily nutritional needs.
- As our projects rely heavily on communicating up-to-date information related to health and wellness, we will pull from a variety of sources, such as webmd.com, nutrition.gov, kids.usa.gov, eatright.org and cdc.gov.
- Distill information in a way that can be understood by Trenton’s parents and children.
- We will generate relevant visuals to supplement health-related content and stick to basic language in order to convey meaningful information to parents and children.
- The parents and children of Trenton may not be well-versed in health and exercise terminology, such as macro/micronutrients, or glycemic index, so we have to find a way to simplify these general terms.
- Based on our varied target audience, we plan to use differing “voices” or “personas” in each of our projects.
- When developing our Echo-based application and chatbot, which is geared towards children, we will appropriately shift our tone to one that promotes an experience that is more interactive, kind, friendly, fun, as well as educational.
Live Demos Available
HealthNut Chat Bot:
How to interact:
- Sign up for a free account here.
- Log in and you will see a menu at the top of the screen. Click on “Clubhouse”
- In the search bar, type “healthnut”:
- To interact, click “talk”:
- Have fun!
- System Requirements for Chatbot
- Technology Transfer Documentation for Chatbot
- How to use Amazon Alexa