Let’s go around the room and introduce ourselves, our interests and expertise (will help us organize into groups).
Basic Premise of this Course:
The future is already here – it’s just not very evenly distributed.
A Digital Divide
A New Design Movement
In this class, we’re going to explore with emergent experiences, on appropriate devices, to leapfrog the digital divide on behalf of our partner organizations.
Let’s go over the Syllabus.
- Twilio Account
- TCNJ Web Account (or other web account)
- Github Sample Code Repositories
- Textit.in Account
- Create a new Google Slides document on Google Drive and name it “Design Notebook”
- Create a slide in your Design Notebook and name it “Messaging & Me” with today’s date.
- Keeping your response to one slide, consider the articles above and reflect on how you use SMS.
- How often do you use it? What do you use it for?
- Based on the articles above, can you think of any ways you could use it that you haven’t yet?
- Be sure to share your Google Presentation and post a link to it as a comment to this blog post below.
*Assignments are due before class on Friday. Be prepared to present your work in class for discussion.