- Katie Hooven et al from TCNJ’s School of Nursing visiting to present partner projects – take copious notes!
- Next week we’ll organize into teams
- Why Mobile First is Outdated
- The Best Interface is No Interface
Let’s take a few minutes to review a few of your Design Notebooks.
Twilio & TCNJ Web Account Setup
Let’s head over to Twilio and create our accounts, it’s free.
Once you’ve created an account, go ahead and set up a new phone number, just make sure the number supports both SMS & MMS.
Let’s take a couple of minutes to look over some of the features of your new number.
TCNJ Web Account
Take a minute to confirm that you have a functioning TCNJ web account:
Open a browser and type in the following URL:
Does the URL resolve? If so, you’re good to go. Otherwise, follow the following instructions:
Your First SMS App
Create a TwiML file
- Open up a new file in your favorite web development text editor
- Navigate to https://github.com/IMM-470-03-Spring-2015/sms/blob/master/hello.xml and copy the code to your new file
- Save the file as hello.xml
- Using Filezilla or another FTP client, log in to your web account and create a folder to hold your SMS code
- Upload your hello.xml file to your SMS app directory
Configure Your Twilio Phone Number
- Navigate back to your Twilio account and click Phone Numbers->Manage
- Click on your phone number to bring up it’s configuration page and navigate down to the Messaging section
- Type in the url to your TwiML file in the Request URL field
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
- Text Your Twilio Number!
- What happened?
Amazon Echo Unboxing
Can you guys help me unbox the class Amazon Echo?
Welcome Katie, Tracy & team!
- Review your notes from this week’s partner presentations
- Deep read Why Mobile First is Outdated
- Deep read The Best Interface is No Interface
- If you’re interested in learning more about mobile app development, review the Apache Cordova Documentation
- If you’re interested in learning more about Amazon Echo, review the Alexa Skills Kit
- If you’re interested in interactive TV interfaces, take a look at the Xfinity X1 SDK
- Create a new slide in your Design Notebooks and title it Partner Projects
- Order the projects from 1 to 3 in the order that they appeal to you
- Write a paragraph or two detailing why your top choice appeals most to you
- Create a new slide in your design notebook and title it Interfaces
- Consider the reading from this week, the two blog posts in particular
- Write a paragraph for each, reflecting on the basic premise of each article
- Do you agree with each? Do your own personal experiences map to the reading?
- Finally, did you read any of the other links? The Cordova documentation, the Alexa documentation or the Xfinity documentation?
- Write a paragraph reflecting on why it interested you.
*submit links to your Design Notebooks in Canvas быстрые займы онлайн