- No class in 2 weeks (Tuesday follows Monday schedule on Sept. 8)
Let’s go around the room and introduce ourselves. What’d you do this summer? What’s your focus here at IMM? Games? Video? Graphic design? Mobile/Web development?
- Prepare for Spring Show
- Develop as a professional
- Practice Iterative (Agile) Development
- Gain experience researching, developing and managing a product
Let’s review the syllabus.
- Read “Learning the long hard slog of product”
- Create a Google Slide Presentation on Google Drive and title it “Design Notebook”
- Create a slide and label it “Iterative Development”. Based upon the reading in “Interactions”, write a paragraph or two in your own words defining what you think iterative development means.
- Look over the OnInnovation and The Innovators videos.
- Pick one or two that resonate with you as a designer, developer & inventor. If none of these resonate, find a video from another source that does.
- Create a second slide in your Design Notebook and share the links to your videos, along with a brief paragraph about why they resonate with you.
- Create a third slide and label it “Project Ideas”. Think about 3 possible Senior Thesis project ideas and write a single paragraph describing each. Try to think in terms of a problem/solution, i.e. here’s an unmet need, and here’s my idea for addressing it.
Submitting Your Work
This week’s homework assignment is due before class next week. When you’ve completed it, post a comment on this page, including a link to your Design Notebook. Come to class next week prepared to present your work.