- Amateur Radio in Nepal
- Citizen Cartography
- This week, 4/27 – Open Discussion
- Next week, 5/4 – Final Class
Let’s take a few minutes to discuss a few of your Design Notebooks.
Any issues? Questions? Observations?
- Review the current updates on the Nepal situation
- Read the Amateur Radio in Nepal article
- Read the Citizen Cartography article on CityLab
- Create a new slide in your Design Notebooks and title it “Nepal Earthquake” and today’s date.
- Write a brief paragraph discussing the disaster and how the technologies you’ve covered in class, SMS, IVR, Maps and databases could be used to assist in the aid effort. Remember to think about your users – do they have electricity? Internet access? Phone access?
- Continue developing your prototypes
- Contact your partner organization to arrange for your final presentation/ delivery of your prototype materials
- Post any new project deliverables to your project page