- This week, 4/23 – User Testing
- Next week 4/30– Revise Prototypes
- Final exam date – Final call for Monday, 5/18 11:00am – 1:50pm at the Ewing Branch
Let’s take a few minutes to review some of your Design Notebook entries for this week.
Let’s finish setting up your project pages and take a few minutes for you to post your project documents (User Personas, User Stories, Design Brief, Diagrams, etc).
- Get into your groups and make sure you have access to your team’s page on the blog.
- Edit your page, making sure all your team mates are listed and links to your project documents have been added to the page.
- Once you’ve posted all your documents, we’ll take turns testing each other’s prototypes.
User Testing Workshop
Let’s break up into our teams, and take turns reviewing each others projects.
- Review your User Stories with your team
- Pick the two highest priority User Stories from your list
- Match up those User Stories with their corresponding prototype implementations
- Have your testers try out your prototypes and then share with them the User Stories
- Ask the tester if the prototype fulfills the User Stories, how could it be improved?
- Be sure to take notes on the feedback you receive.
- Create a new Google Spreadsheet called “User Feedback” and make a list of the suggestions and comments you received on your prototype during the User Testing Workshop.
- Review the list with your team mates and make a plan for how to revise your prototype based on this feedback.
- Each team member must submit their own Design Notebook entry
- Create a new slide in your Design Notebooks and label it “User Feedback” and today’s date.
- Summarize the feedback you received, and your plan for acting on it.
*Assignments are due before class begins on Thursdays. Be prepared to present your work in class for discussion.