- This week & next, Nov 24, we’ll work on our prototypes & materials for the Winter Show. For the Winter Show on Friday, Dec. 5th, everyone must prepare a single slide promoting your Final Project, along with a poster that includes appropriate visual aids from your prototypes
Let’s go around the room and discuss your 2nd prototypes. What did you want to accomplish with your prototype? How did it go? What did you learn? What will you do for your 3rd and final prototype?
Winter Show Materials
Your Winter Show presentation materials must include:
A Single powerpoint slide promoting your Final Project
- Include a descriptive title for your project with a one sentence “elevator pitch description”
- Include a bullet pointed list of features that demonstrate the scope and uniqueness of your project
- Include a graphical element that helps explain your project visually
A single board poster you can use to present your Final Project Concept to interested parties at the Winter Show
- Include a project canvas you can use to present the context & concept of your project
- Include artifacts from your three prototypes as proof-of-concept demonstrations of your project
- Be prepared to speak about your project concept to Winter Show attendees, and listen to (and document) their feedback. Think of this as a focus group market research opportunity you can use to strengthen your project concept for next semester.
Below is an example project canvas for a fictitious Appointment Reminder App. Let’s go through it and try to substitute data points relevant to your specific Final Project Proposal.
Here’s an empty canvas you can print out and work with:
Or, you can try creating a canvas online at LeanStack.
One-Time Assignments for 11/24
3rd Project Prototypes
Complete your 3rd project prototype for next week Monday, posting your results to the class Google Community. We’ll discuss everyone’s prototype results in class. This should be a logical “next step” prototype addressing your next biggest risk (unfamiliar software, biggest unknown, etc) or providing another demonstration element for the Winter Show.
Winter Show Slide & Canvas
Sketch out a draft of your Winter Show Slide and begin filling out your Project Canvas. Post these to the class Google Community under the “Winter Show” category. We’ll refine these in class next week, 11/24 in preparation for the Winter Show on 12/5.