- Trenton Stakeholders Meeting next Monday, September 14th
- Need cell phone numbers from everyone
Let’s review some of your Design Notebook entries from last week.
Let’s organize into teams.
We’ll start by creating a quick survey in TCNJ’s Qualtrics Survey tool, which you should get free access to as students at TCNJ.
- In Qualtrics, we’ll create a couple of questions, beginning with a “Text Entry” question for your name
- Next we’ll create a “Matrix” Question for each of you to self assess your skills along a number of multimedia disciplines including graphic design, web design, games programming, writing and animation/film
- Finally we’ll publish our survey
Now, point your browser to the survey web url and take the survey.
Let’s take a short break so I can assess the survey results When we come back, we’ll group up into teams.
Challenges in Trenton
- If we haven’t already done so, break up into your teams teams
- Review the sites of our partner organizations
- Review the SWOC Analysis and Demographics from the Trenton 250 website linked to above.
- Brainstorm a few interactive multimedia concepts that might assist in addressing some of the opportunities outlined in the analysis.
- Read the Trenton 250 Vision Element
- Create a new slide in your Design Notebook and label it “Guiding Principles”
- List the 8 guiding principles outlined in the Trenton 250 Vision Element
- Write a paragraph discussing one of these principles in more detail
- What kinds of data could you use to help address your chosen principle?
Working In Teams
- Read Chapter 10, “Working with Others” in Design is a Job
- Create a new slide in your Design Notebook and title it “Working in a Team”
- Based on the reading, summarize the author’s advice about working in a team environment.